Registration is now open for the Icon Furniture and Wooden Objects Group’s Annual Symposium. We have an exciting and diverse selection of papers that address a wide range of research and treatments from a mixture of private and institutional conservators.
Refreshments will be provided during the afternoon.
Our confirmed speakers are:
- Zoe Allen and Phil James (Victoria and Albert Museum) “Non-intrusive upholstery techniques for a Maire Antoinette chair”
- Hugh Harrison (Hugh Harrison Conservation) “The recent conservation of the sixteenth century choir stalls at the Hospital of St Cross, Winchester”
- Chloe Head and Dr Christina Young (Courtauld Institute of Art) “A model and methodology for the assessment of filing materials for insect damaged wood
- Jonathan Santa Maria Bouquet (Musical Instrument Museums Edinburgh, University of Edinburgh) “Self-destructive elements in the construction of guitars in the nineteenth century)
- Amy Anderson (Plowden and Smith) “From Tender to Treatment: Conservation of a seventeenth century carved oak figure from Norfolk Museums’ Collection”
The Furniture and Wooden Objects Group are subsidising the event so tickets are offered at a discounted price.
Icon Members £20
Icon Student members £10
Non-Icon members £25
Tickets are available from: http://woodgroup2015.eventbrite.co.uk